Katarina Rodriguez is new Save the Children Philippines Ambassador



SAVE THE CHILDREN AMBASSADOR. Katarina Rodriguez is the first ever Filipina ambassador for Save the Children Philippines and has worked with the organization since 2016.
Katarina Rodriguez, Miss World Philippines 2018, continues to be a shining example of an empowered Filipina out to make a difference in the world. On May 20, 2019, she was formally named as the Save the Children Philippines Ambassador to raise awarenes on the impact of war against children, including those in Marawi. She has been working continuously with the organization since 2016.
“I was almost in tears when they asked me to become the first Filipina ambassador for Save the Children Philippines. If you followed my journey, I worked from being a peace advocate to becoming an advocate for peace education. Going to Marawi with Save the Children Philippines after Miss World was a reminder of everything that I’ve done, my intentions and why I joined pageants," she said.
In her speech, Katarina that being an empowered woman meant not only having positions of power in society or corporations. She says that true empowerment comes from knowing yourself and believing that you are free to choose what you want to do in your life. She says that motherhood is something she aspires for and is something equally empowering. But she said, “I promised myself that I wouldn’t have my own children until I made a big difference in at least one other child’s life.”

With this alliance with Save the Children Philippines, I think Katarina has already shown what a big difference she made on so many children’s lives.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.