Pinoy na Janitor sa Canada, Nanalo ng Php 271 Million sa Lotto


A few days before celebrating his 58th birthday, Vito Halasan bought a lottery ticket on April 26. For him, it's only one of his leisure in life. Little did he know that this action will change his life forever.

For many years now, Vito has worked as a janitor abroad. But this year, he finally hit his luck! Vito was hailed as the lucky winner of 6/49 lotto after matching all of the six numbers. He won a total of $7 million, or about Php 271,219,900.

This lucky Pinoy bettor is a resident of Surrey, Canada. His jackpot came off as a surprise because he didn't expect to get all of the numbers right. In a panic, he had to call his daughter:

"I remember scanning my ticket and seeing all these numbers. I have a really blurry vision so I had to hold the ticket right up to my face. I couldn’t believe it." Despite winning the lottery, Vito still plans on keeping his job.


What does he plan on doing with the jackpot money? According to Vito, he intends on spending his winnings to his beloved family. In an interview, the lucky winner revealed that he will be buying a house for his children and grandchildren:

“I buy lottery tickets so I can dream. I dream of being able to take care of my kids and make their future better. Now we’ll be able to buy a nice house for my children and grandchildren."

In 2009, Vito and his family migrated to Canada to start a fresh life. Back then, every day used to be a struggle for their family. But now, with Vito's winnings, they can finally have the life they have always dreamed of.

According to a statement released by British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC), Vito has four grandchildren with his three children.

What are your thoughts about this? We'd love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. For more updates on the latest happenings, feel free to follow us on Facebook.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.